Friday, July 6, 2012

Mini jersey dress

Making a 'well known' (at least to me) model into a mini baby version is always fun. I made this dress to my two year old a couple of months ago (you can see it HERE in my very first post on this blog) and when my sister saw that she promptly ordered - no wait she said she REALLY wished for one for her at that time new born daughter. And there is nothing a proud aunt would rather do than to make something for her first niece (I also have a nephew but I don't think he would look good in this dress). That dress was sent to Denmark before I was even thinking I should have taken a photo of it. Soooo when a friend here in the neighborhood recently had a girl I got another chance and here you see it. I hope she is too busy with the baby to check my blog because she has actually not received it yet.
I realize now that I see this photo that this was one of those thing that should have had a box of matches, a pencil or some other well known sized thing to compare the size of this dress to because it is actually smaller than it appears in the photo. I would say it is a size 3-6 months.
Let's hope the Mommy likes it....I am pretty sure the baby could not care less.

Oh, I have an update...The Mom has now gotten the dress and loves it AND so does the baby.....which I should have known since she comes from a truly wonderful family.


Remember if you like what you see and read on this blog you have several ways not to miss another post. See the right side column for Facebook, Bloglovin' and Google Friend Connect options. I would love to have you onboard! 


7 comments:

  1. Love the navy contrast with the yellow!!! A cute little dress..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute little dress! I love the bright color and contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet

    would love it if you could share this on my link party - http://serenityyou.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/serenity-saturday-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...and bright! I bet it looks adorable on the baby. Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING this bold color!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments.
Thank you!